Performatywny Magazyn. Artist residency programme 2020
For the fourth time Muzeum Śląskie extends an invitation to take part in the artistic residency programme “Performatywny Magazyn”. The title of the fourth edition of the programme is: “Energy, technologies, chances for survival”.
Due to the industrial history of Upper Silesia, energy is a fundamental issue for this region. In the transitional period – in which we live from the global perspective – it is also of fundamental importance for the further development of our civilization and the ecosystems of the Earth.
The topic of this year’s edition of the programme – Energy, technologies, chances for survival – is to encourage the exploration of problems associated with two interrelated trends: technological ecosystems of contemporary life and shrinking resources of energy necessary to maintain it.
The idea of the Programme is to create an autonomous zone for visual and performative artists from Poland and abroad. The cycle of artistic residences is to enable artists to gain new experiences through the implementation of projects that creatively reinterpret the topic proposed by the Museum. It also assumes the extension of cultural competences and sensitivity to contemporary means of expression among the recipients of the Programme.
- The deadline for submitting project proposals along with appendices expires on 17 April 2020 at 3:00 pm.
The works should be sent to the following address: email@example.com, with the note “Performatywny Magazyn 2020”.
- Museum representatives select projects by 8 May 2020.
- The authors of projects selected as part of preliminary selection will be invited by e-mail or by phone to present their projects in detail during a conversation with the jury. The invited artists will be informed about the date of the conversation by e-mail, by 12 May 2020 at the latest. By that day, a list of persons qualified for the next stage will be published on the Museum’s website.
- Final results will be announced by 29 May 2020.
- Both individuals and teams may submit projects.
- A maximum of two ideas may be submitted, of which only one will be implemented.
- The duration of one residence will be between 15 and 30 days.
- Depending on the type of the project, the presentation time may range from 1 to 10 business days, whereas the Museum may decide to extend the presentation time.