This document presents our policy on the collecting, processing and using of user data.
What kind of data do we collect about you?
- Data collected during registration
You need to register to be able to use some of the functionalities available to registered users only. During registration, we will ask for your e-mail address and password, which you will then use to log into our website. You provide your full name on a voluntary basis.
- Data collected automatically
Website users remain anonymous until they register but some data is collected automatically whenever you use our website. This includes your IP address, domain name, browser type and OS type.
- Data is collected whenever you get in touch with us.
Whenever you contact us via our website or by phone or e-mail, we will ask you to provide your full name, e-mail address or a phone number to ease our communication.
How do we use your data?
- We will never sell your data to third parties.
- Data collected upon registration will be used only for you to log into our system.
- If you subscribed to our newsletter or otherwise consented to receive it, we will use your data to share our Newsletter with you. We will first ask you to subscribe to our Newsletter upon registration.
- We may use the automatically collected data to evaluate user activity on our website, get insights into user demographics and customise our website content. This data is collected automatically for all users.
- We will use data collected in the course of your communication with our website for the sole purpose of responding to your inquiries.
- During inspections by the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection (GIODO), your personal data might be accessed by the staff of the Inspector General under the Personal Data Protection Law.
- We may choose to disclose your data to law enforcement authorities in the event of violation of our website’s Terms and Conditions, violation of law or if required by law.
How are we going to communicate with you?
If you subscribed to our Newsletter or otherwise consented to receive it, you will receive our Newsletter by e-mail.
How can you tell us about any data changes?
Please log into our system and make relevant changes to or remove data collected upon registration and used for website log-ins and for Newsletter distribution. You may choose to hide your data from other users or make it visible to them. Data collected automatically cannot be changed or removed.
How do we protect your personal data?
We collect data with communication between your computer and our server being encrypted with an SSL protocol, or Secure Socket Layer. Additionally, our databases are secured against third-party access.
Links to other websites
Some links on our website let users go to other websites. Those have their own privacy policies. The present policy applies only to the data collected by Muzeum Śląskie in Katowice as part of the website www.muzeumslaskie.pl.
Data collecting entity: Muzeum Śląskie in Katowice, ul. T. Dobrowolskiego 1, 40-205 Katowice.